Saturday, November 6, 2010

RED!!!




Red for your eyes, of course! So I had to see how this worked. I've used the MAC eyeshadow Beauty Marked but it is mostly just black. This eyeshadow palette actually has a dark red eyeshadow. Granted, it is a cream, not a powder, but the effect was truly very cool! Basically I started my eye with the smoky charcoal (gloch) on the entire lid then added the silver (slayer) to the crease. After that I used my finger to "pat" the dark red cream (bloodletting) onto my lid over the charcoal. I used the dark purple (ace of spades) as a liner with a smudge brush. Unfortunately my camera takes away about 20% of the color so imagine that my makeup was a bit darker and smokier.....very hot! This is a great look for holiday parties! Possibly paired with a glossy nude lip (Nars Little Darling lipstick and MAC clear lip glass) and some super sexy heels!




2 comments:

  1. Sounds gorgeous! Do you think I could pull it off with my coloring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! It would make your eyes look more hazel-green depending on how much red you add. I would start with a sheer layer of red and then layer more to get the effect you want....

    ReplyDelete